Canada is one of the world’s best tourist destination. Canada boasts of its diverse landscapes and climate. Many people visit Canada each year on vacation or to spend quality time with family members or close friends. Some visitors require a visa before they can travel while others will require an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) if they are not visa exempt.
Whether you are coming on a business trip, coming to visit a family relative or close friend, or staying for a long duration, it is very important to understand your obligations as a visitor and to ensure the appropriate documentation and application is submitted.
For an overview of the applicable categories and requirements, please see some of the options below or contact Canada Visa Group for further details:
Canada has a rich and beautiful landscape spanning from coast to coast, diverse culture, beautiful wildlife and lots more.
In order to monitor and control the number of people entering Canada each year, the Canadian government has made it mandatory for some nationalities to obtain tourist visa or a temporary resident visa (TRV) prior to their trip to Canada. This is a measure put in-place by the Canadian government to ensure that visitors who come to Canada meet the requirements and have the intention to return to their country of permanent residence after their trip.
It is important to satisfy all requirements under this program and as such, any person who wishes to come to Canada on a Tourist Visa must satisfy the requirements below.
• Show ties to their home country and have valid travel documentation;
• Be able to show that they have the financial resources to support their trip to Canada;
• Prove that they are criminally and medically admissible to Canada; and
• Show a realistic travel plan and ties to their host in Canada.
Citizens of countries listed below do not require a tourist visa or TRV to visit Canada:
Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, St. Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United Kingdom (including British Overseas citizens who are re-admissible and citizens of some British Dependent Territories), United States, Western Samoa.
Entitles you to visit Canada for a maximum duration of six months on each entry to Canada. Please note that there is no recourse to public funds or access to any social benefit system during the duration of visit on a tourist visa.
The Canadian government deems family reunification an important priority and as such, created the super visa category for parents/grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can invite their parents/grandparents to visit for a maximum of 2 years duration on each trip. The super visa has a 10 year validity period.
The following are the requirements for applicants of the super visa –
• Have a letter of invitation from their relative who is either a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada;
• Host to show suitable financial capability to be able to support the invited guest(s) while in Canada;
• Applicants must show ties to their home country and have valid travel documentation;
• Applicants must have the requisite Canadian private medical Coverage;
• Applicants must not have any criminal or medical inadmissibility conditions to Canada;
• Dependents cannot be included in this application; and
• You must be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a PR of Canada; and be allowed to enter Canada.
Contact Canada Visa Group for further information